lördag, augusti 23, 2008

Typhoon!
















Back in Doumen and Zhuhai (my second home) for two days meetings. Got some warning already when I arrived that there was a typhoon coming up and that it would probably strike the area during Friday.
Friday morning the typhoon warning was "yellow" - a medium strong wind with not too much impact but during the day it was increasing to "orange" - a quite strong typhoon.
So just before lunch we got order to leave Doumen and quick go back (around 1 hr) to Zhuhai and stay inside the hotel. Shuttle buses was quick arranged and the put me and Peter in a car so we quick would come back.

The maximum was estimated till around 17-18 in the evening and all people was asked to stay inside. Some of my Chinese friends was quite worried but for me it was a new experience and quite exiting....
After returning to the hotel I had to go out to find something to eat since we had no lunch. The wind was so strong so I was almost flying around in the street - feeling like the "Micheline man". The sea was not blue anymore - the water was dark brown and the waves very high - in some places pushing the water over the road and the cars driving there. And the heavy rain started - totally wet in 3 minutes.
The hotel entrance was covered with a big metal plate entrance with a small door with metal window - looked like the entrance to a prison..

















In the evening the rain was very heavy and the streets "flooded" and the wind was very strong but in the morning in had calmed down and this afternoon the weather is very nice - blue sky, sun and it smells nice.

So, now I have added "typhoon" to my list of experiences.....