fredag, maj 23, 2008

A week that we will never forget

Last week, a week after the earthquake is a week I think that all of us living here in China will never forget! Every day we see horrible pictures on TV where the army and rescueteams struggle to dig out as many people as possible.
We see pictures of schools that have caved in and a lot of small school children laying dead on the ground, side by side.
From time to time we see heroic rescuepeople dig out someone still alive after almost a week. We see crying mothers still looking for their children. We see small children that have lost all their family.
This pictures I belive will always be etched into our minds.

This pictures and text below was sent to me and others by my colleague Lilian. They are strong but I like to share them with You















I do not know how deep you know this disaster
But I know You will be deeply shocked

















I don't know how many towns were distroyed
But I know many people have lost their homes

















I don't know how this house look like before
But I know the old is not able to rebuild by himself
















I don't know how many schools collapsed
But I know at that time many classrooms were full of students






















I don't know why here is a schoolbag
But I know it must belong to one child

















I don't know whether this mother saw her child still alive finally
But I know the child is the treasure of every family























I don't know when was this child found already dead
But I know this mother already been crying here for a long time

















I don't know how many people are still under the ruins
But I know most of them will not survive
















I don't know under the ruins the hand belongs to a girl or boy
But I know the hands are eager to touch her or his parents again






















I don't know what the time is now
But I know it is a horrible time

















I don't know the exact reason why they embraced tightly
But I know there must be a reason






















I don't know what this man is looking for
But I know the possibility is quite low















I don't know why they are crying
But I know the tears is from their heart

















I don't know if this child can survive or not
But I know in her little heart there's already a deep slot






















I don't know how long this man already been under the ruins
But I know he is already very lucky in the earth quake


















I don't know what did the finger language means by this nurse
But I know it doesn't mean "victory"
















I don't know where they are all marching to
But I know where they are coming from - home

















I don't know whether they can have a good sleep here or not
But I know they don't have any other choice just now















I don't know how many people that are here
But I know big trouble will happen if no water and food supply

















I don't know how this man have escaped from the collapse
But I know it is not an easy way now and in the future

















I don't know what is the destination for them
But I know at this time only they can help themselves

















I don't know where here is
But I know this is not their home























I don't know whether these babies can realize the tough situation
But I know when they grow up thier parents (if they still have any) will tell them the story

















I don't know what tey are thinking about
But I know in their mind
there is still hope