torsdag, november 01, 2007

My new friend
















I have got a new friend in Beijing - a bike!

Since we moved to Park Avenue we got longer distance to our grocery store Jinkelon and to Jeni Lou where You buy "western food" and drinks.
It was a bit to long to walk (15-20 mins) carrying bags with milk, food and beer so we got lazy and used taxi almost every time.
A few weeks ago I bought a new bike at Decathlon (399 RMB - tree gears) so now I can go to Jeni Lou in 7 minutes. With a big basket in front on the bike and a parcel cariier in the end there is plenty of room for both the grocery and the beer...















Bicycling in Beijing is quite exciting (and sometimes dangerous). There is plenty of bicycle lanes but these are used also by motorcycles and cars. Also it is not one way - all direction on both sides. So, in the beginning it was a little scary but I have learned and now Shi Zhiting tells me that I am driving worse than most of the chinese.... It is also a good way to exercise and I enjoy some time with "my friend" almost every day.